Disclosure: The owners of this website may be paid to recommend Goldco and other companies. The content on this website, including the positive review of Goldco may not be independent or neutral.
Choosing the Best Gold IRA Investment Company – Noble Gold Group or Goldco?
With another tough recession on the economic horizon following the pandemic years and the current war in Europe, retirees and investors everywhere are looking to gold and other precious metals as the alternative investment of choice to protect their retirement savings.
If you’re like so many others who want to keep the overall value of their portfolios strong, you’ve decided that the safest course is to diversify your portfolio by transferring a percentage of your investments into a gold IRA; and now, the only question is:
Which gold IRA company should I choose?
At Recession.org we have identified the most popular gold IRA companies based on five-star customer reviews, along with their special promotions, funding requirements, and costs, from which we provide a side-by-side gold IRA comparison.
By comparing these two strong companies, Noble Gold Group and Goldco, you can narrow your search for the company best matches your personal investment style and goals.
Noble Gold Overview and Precious Metals IRA Features
Founded in 2017, Noble Gold Group is the strongest newcomer to the gold IRA sector. Headquartered in Pasadena, Florida, their mission is to give you stand-out excellence and service, which according to founder and CEO, Collin Plume, is that “Noble Gold was founded because we were tired of the unsavory practices in our industry. We never hard-sell.” They stand behind this pledge with their gold education, attentive customer service, and transparency on their website.
Noble Gold stands out as:
- the only precious metals IRA provider with a gold depository in Texas that includes segregated storage of clients’ metals for all clients
- a full range of options for precious metal investments, including silver, gold, palladium, and platinum.
- a low $2,000 minimum gold IRA investment plan that attracts investors of all ages and means
- home survival packs of gold and silver held outside of the IRAs so you can be prepared for any immediate emergency
- best for independent-minded investors and new investors
Goldco Overview and Precious Metals IRA Features
In contrast, Goldco is one of the longer-established gold companies, offering their gold IRA services since 2006 from their headquarters in Woodland Hills, California. Goldco distinguishes itself as a brokerage firm specializing in “white glove” services for their investors, guiding them through the set-up process, and creating a balanced retirement portfolio.
Goldco stands out as:
- a provider of a wide range of options for precious metal investments, including silver, gold, palladium, and platinum.
- partnerships with trusted custodians and depositories and custodians
- ease of set-up with excellent customer service
- attracts investors with substantial savings
- best company for Long-Term Investors
Side-by-Side Comparison – Noble Gold Group vs Goldco
|Noble Gold Group
|5 out of 5
|Company ratings on average
|4.8 out of 5
|Collin Plume, CEO
|Celebrity ambassador endorsement
|Sean Hannity and Chuck Norris
|Year the gold company was established
|Required minimum investment
|US $ 25,000
|Gold / Silver / Platinum / Palladium
|Precious metals supported
|Gold / Silver / Palladium / Platinum
|Request this information
|Price-matching for coins and bars
|Not pushy or aggressive, helpful, simplified set up process
|Customer support described
|“White glove” customer support, customized
|Gives support for IRA rollovers
|2 weeks or less
|Average time from setup to depository
|“No quibble” buyback
|Offers a buyback program
|Free educational materials
Compare Noble Gold Customer Reviews
Compare Goldco Customer Reviews
Side-by-Side Fee Schedule – Noble Gold Group vs Goldco
To compare the fees associated with the costs of investing in an IRA with precious metals with either company, the chart below gives information at the time of writing this review.
|Noble Gold Group
|One-time setup fee
|Annual custodian or maintenance fee
|$150 (includes segregated storage)
|Annual depository or Storage fees
|Request this information
|Based on spot price
|Prices for coins and bars
|Speak with Goldco for prices and markups
|One-time wire fee US$30
How to Assess What is Important to You when Choosing a Gold IRA Company
To get clarity on which factors are most important to you when matching your investment style and goals with a company that offers precious metal IRAs, some questions to start with might be:
Goldco stands out as:
- Am I adept at using websites and filling in forms? Or do I need assistance to handle more of the details for me?
- What are the minimum investment amounts to open a gold IRA for each company? Am I just starting my retirement planning, or do I have a substantial amount saved and know how much to convert into a gold IRA?
- Are low-cost first-year and annual fees for maintaining my account important for me to get started, or are specialized depository and customer service fees reasonable considering the size of my investments?
- Am I only interested in purchasing gold and silver, or do I want to have the option to buy other precious metals like platinum and palladium?
- Which ratings and customer reviews do I identify with the most when deciding on a company to open a self-directed IRA?
It’s Time to Take Action to Secure the Value Your Retirement Portfolio with Gold
One thing you are already sure of:
You want to protect the overall value of your retirement savings through diversification. You’re currently holding paper currency, stocks, real estate and other investments, and want to transfer at least 10-15% of the value into a tangible asset that has held its value throughout history because of its scarcity (gold) or its essential uses (silver and other rare metals).
Opening a precious metals IRA is the best way to diversify your retirement portfolio. The only decision now is which of these two very strong companies is the best match for your current and future investment goals.
All financial investments, including precious metals such as gold and silver, involve risk. Always consult a licensed professional financial advisor before investing your money. Consumers should be aware that past performance does not guarantee future returns.
The owners of this website may be compensated for recommending certain companies, products, and services. While we endeavor to ensure that our content is accurate, the information we provide does not constitute financial advice and may not be neutral or independent.