Which is the Best Gold IRA Investment Company – Noble Gold Group or Birch Gold Group?
As of mid-2022, the latest U.S. recession began after two quarters of economic downturn. The causes? – the fallout from a long pandemic and the current war-mongering of Russia in the Ukraine, weakening the U.S. economy with crippling inflation and shortages. No wonder that retirees and investors across the nation are fleeing to gold and other precious metals as alternative investments of choice to protect their retirement portfolio.
If you’re like so many others who want to keep the overall value of your savings in balance, you know that the prudent course is diversification of your assets, meaning it’s time to rollover 10-20% of your traditional IRA or 401K into a self-directed by gold IRA. The final question you’re trying to answer now is:
Which is the best gold IRA company for me?
At Recession.org we’ve have gather public information about the offers from the most popular gold IRA companies for your convenience. We compare their special promotions, funding requirements, and costs, from which we produce these side-by-side gold IRA comparison.
By comparing these two trustworthy companies, Noble Gold Group and Birch Gold Group, you’ll be able to narrow your search for the company best matches your financial goals and values.
Noble Gold Overview and Precious Metals IRA Features
Established in 2017, Noble Gold Group is the top newcomer to the gold IRA industry. With headquarters in Pasadena, Florida, their goal is to give you both education and excellent service. According to founder and CEO, Collin Plume, “Noble Gold was founded because we were tired of the unsavory practices in our industry. We never hard-sell.” They stand behind this pledge with their gold education, stellar customer service, and transparency in every step of the process.
Noble Gold features:
- the only precious metals IRA provider with a gold depository in with segregated storage of clients’ metals for all clients
- a full range of precious metals, including silver, gold, palladium, and platinum coins and bars
- a low $2,000 minimum investment to open a gold IRA that is popular with investors of all ages and means
- home delivery of survival packs of gold and silver that you hold outside of your IRA for any immediate emergency
- the company of choice for independent-minded investors and new investors
Birch Gold Overview and Precious Metals IRA Features
In contrast, Birch Gold Group is one of the most experienced gold companies, assisting over 13,000 clients set up gold IRAs since 2003. From their headquarters in Burbank, California, Birch Gold Group has received the endorsement of Ben Shapiro, host of the Ben Shapiro Show and Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Wire. Birch Gold has also partnered with Dr. Ron Paul, former Congressman, educator, and author of 21 books, including The Case for Gold.
Birch Gold Group is outstanding for:
- 20 years’ experience with gold IRAs for 13,000 clients
- Full educational resources on their website
- ease of set-up that excels in customer service
- low flat-rate fees
- best company for retirees of all ages
Side-by-Side Comparison – Noble Gold Group vs Birch Gold Group
|Noble Gold Group||Birch Gold Group|
|5 out of 5||Company ratings on average||4.8 out of 5|
|Collin Plume, CEO||Celebrity ambassador endorsement||Ben Shapiro and Ron Paul|
|2017||Year the gold company was established||2003|
|US$ 2,000||Required minimum investment||US $ 10,000|
|Gold / Silver / Platinum / Palladium||Precious metals supported||Gold / Silver / Palladium / Platinum|
|Request this information||Price-matching for coins and bars||Request this information|
|Not pushy or aggressive, helpful, simplified set up process||Customer support described||“Excellent,” and fully-informative, not aggressive, easy set up|
|Yes||Gives support for IRA rollovers||Yes|
|2 weeks or less||Average time from setup to depository||2 weeks|
|“No quibble” buyback||Offers a buyback program||Yes|
|Yes||Free educational materials||Yes|
Compare Noble Gold Customer Reviews
Compare Birch Gold Customer Reviews
Side-by-Side Fee Schedule – Noble Gold Group vs Birch Gold Group
To compare the fees associated with the costs of investing in an IRA with precious metals with either company, the chart below gives information at the time of writing this review.
|Noble Gold Group||Birch Gold Group|
|$2,000||Account Minimums||US$ 10,000 (Transfers over $50,000 get 1st-year fees free.)|
|Free||One-time setup fee||$50|
|$80||Annual custodian or maintenance fee||$100|
|$150 (includes segregated storage)||Annual depository or Storage fees||$100.|
|Request this information||Shipping fees||Request this information|
|Based on spot price||Prices for coins and bars||Speak with Birch for prices and markups|
|–||Other fees||One-time wire fee US$30|
What is Most Important to You When Choosing a Gold IRA Company?
To understand more clearly how to choose between these two top gold IRA companies, consider which one best matches your investment style and goals. A few questions to start with might be:
- Which company gives the level of assistance I will need in setting up a self-directed IRA, managing the roll-over and funding, and choosing the products?
- What is the amount of investment I intend to make and how does that compare with the minimums required by each of the companies? Am I just starting my retirement planning, or do I have a substantial amount saved that I’m ready to put 10-20% into a gold IRA?
- Which company offers the best first-year and annual fees for maintaining my account and storage of my precious metals? Is it important for me to have segregated storage of my metals or not?
- Do the celebrity endorsements of the companies I’m considering align with my values and my level of trust in the company?
- Which ratings and customer reviews do I feel reflect my situation and needs when deciding on a company to open a gold IRA?
Now is the Time to Secure the Value of Your Retirement Savings with a Gold IRA
One thing you are certain of:
You need to protect the value of your retirement savings from further deterioration by diversifying into assets that hold real value and go up in value during times of economic turmoil. Your retirement assets are in paper currency, stocks and bonds, so you are ready to transfer at least 10-20% of their value into a tangible asset that has always had value throughout human history because of both scarcity (gold) and usefulness (silver and other precious metals).
You understand that ownership of a precious metals IRA is the most secure way to diversify your financial portfolio, and the only remaining decision is,
“Which of these two top gold investment companies is the best match for me?”
All financial investments, including precious metals such as gold and silver, involve risk. Always consult a licensed professional financial advisor before investing your money. Consumers should be aware that past performance does not guarantee future returns.
The owners of this website may be compensated for recommending certain companies, products, and services. While we endeavor to ensure that our content is accurate, the information we provide does not constitute financial advice and may not be neutral or independent.
Megan Lee uses her life experience in investing to write about business, finance, economic news, family trusts, retirement planning, precious metals and cryptocurrencies. She has personal experience with buying gold for the past 20 years and recently learned to successfully invest in Crypto. Megan graduated with a master’s degree in Humanities from Wesleyan University, has lived and worked in 12 countries, and currently resides in Portugal.